girl, dog, pet

HOW TO GROOM YOUR DOG AT HOME

When it comes to maintaining your dog’s cleanliness and appearance. There’s more to it than that, though—regular brushing can help to reduce shedding and remove dead hair, dirt, and dandruff. It also gives you a chance to check for abnormalities in the skin, nails, teeth, ears, and eyes

According to Dr. Neil Marrinan of Old Lyme Veterinary Hospital, only 10 percent of the work that goes into grooming is actual bathing, brushing, and hair and nail trimming. The other 90 percent of the work involves establishing a sense of trust through a reliable ritual, and lots of positive reinforcement.   It may take some time for your furry pal to get used to being touched in certain spots, so add to your grooming ritual gradually over time instead of diving in all at once. Establish a predictable series of steps, so your pup feels confident and comfortable knowing what’s coming next. Offer plenty of treats and attention to reward cooperative behavior, too.

16,531 thoughts on “HOW TO GROOM YOUR DOG AT HOME”